This post is with all due respect to my soon-to-be two year old. It is on a light vein and hopefully when she reads (if she does) someday, she will see the humour in it. All through college life and into my professional life, I have seen people envy dogs (i have too at many times). There is even a saying in their honour (leading a dog's life) and more often that not, it is not derogatory. All they do is eat, sleep, scratch whenever and wherever they want to, bite the ass of anybody whom they don't like and not give a damn about timing or obligations or even familial ties.
Of course, its not that I don't respect all the good values I have been taught. But there are times when you just wish to get away from it all and them all.
Once Anoushka was born, I saw a much more refined version of the same lifestyle. She came into this world after 17 hours of travel... not sure how it was for her... but it sure as hell was excrutiating for me. From day one, she kept us on our toes.... she howled her first night on earth, and right up to this day, awakes promptly at three if for nothing other than to wake us up for ringa ringa roses.
She gets all the attention, is fed the best of foods, sleeps literally with her little hiney in the air, has her poop cleaned promptly (of course, am working on making that an independent enterprise). She has not a care in the world.
This is something that has been wondered on for a long time. Life comes full circle... even as children we never seem to be happy with what our lives are. But when we have finally outgrown those years, we long to be as carefree. Its a beautiful life and one that we all enjoyed but unfortunately don't remember.
Do I wish I had such a carefree life now.... which self-respecting person wouldn't. I do love how my life has shaped out, but just sometimes, I want to be just that helpless bundle for whom all decisions came tailored and made. But what makes me happy, is to see that no matter how screwed the world, nature sees to it that we have at least this time in our child's life to show them how beautiful and carefree it is. Am happy that just as I look back and appreciate the better things in life, she too will one day.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment