Thursday, December 4, 2008

Get into the act

okay... this is a decision I thought of seriously. I have decided to stay away from any news that is related to the Mumbai terror for at least a week. I seem to be giving myself a headache with all the thinking that its making me do. The head wracking should be happening in the higher echeleons of power. Most of what is happening seems to be like something out of a Balaji soap - several nonsensical turns, terrible sound effects and a plot that goes in circles for years on end. That, in all probability will be the course of this investigation.

Let me turn to my mode of entertainment for this post. I have been a die-hard fan of the movies. Being a post-graduate in electronic media, I also have a sizable knowledge of movie-making and special effects, which makes viewing a movie an altogether different experience. Thanks to the birth of my daughter two years ago, our movie watching is now restricted to pirated DVDs. We happened to watch a movie titled Khuda Ke Liye recently (yes I know I am a tad late in talking about it). Though technically the movie is nothing to talk about, the plot, its intricacies and even the performance of its actors was something that many don't believe Pakistan is capable of. Besides the religious fanaticism that it derided, it showed that it too is a country that is not devoid of its own problems. Most of which we, in a cocooned lives will never really be able to empathise with.
They too are a society that lives in the hope of seeing a better tomorrow, a world free from trouble for their loved ones. The people of Pakistan too feel the same insecurity that we feel. Why then do our respective governments end up in a war of words. For how many more years do they want to drag on their differences. Almost everywhere you have international trouble attributed to a few 'small segment of fanatics'. If thats' the case they why don't the like minded people of the world - irrespective of countries - get together and become a mob that can bring down the trouble makers.

No comments: