The sun has already set on this first day of New Year. And I really wonder how fast this year is going to thunder past me. I feel as though I am caught in a vortex. My day seems to be over before I have fully woken up. I have the resolutions of the last five years at least in terms of backlog. There is so much I want to do and for the life of me, I can't seem to be able to allocate the time for it.
I was told that being organised will help you get through all the things you need to do. Prioritise, and that will help you get through all things in the time that they need to be done in. But no matter how I try, there its still so much that I want to do. I want to be able to go back to my hobby of fabric painting, I want to be able to work on the activity scrap book I started for Anoushka, I want to be to read a book in 2 days flat rather than the 2x2 months it takes me for one now.
I am not a fan of the logic that priorities change over time. True they do, but I don't like the fact that this means we have to give up a lot of what we liked doing at one point in life. And so that's why, this year, I am going to work on going back to personal basics. I will make time for all those things I put on a back burner. And this is not because I am fed up of the life I have now, its just because, these things too are a part of my life and are something that really did give me pleasure.
Here's to the year 2009... may the next 365 days go by at a a speed where I can actually remember what I accomplished.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment