We are leaving to Cochin today... the land of my inlaws... for whom I am an outlaw - there, got that out of my system. Have been dying to write out that totally lame excuse of a rhyme and now I have. Come to think of it... is it really a rhyme. The day today was crazy - no servant for the next week or so.. and there you had me at 7 in the morning - dishes, sweeping, swabbing, feeding and bathing anoushka, office work, last minute shopping for relatives, packing. Add to this, change the fishes water, shut down the house, squeeze a little personal grooming in, check and recheck bags. Keep everything ready to pack dinner for the train journey. Have just been able to rest my derriere and here I am typing away.
You know when I got down to packing the bags, I realised yet again, that majority of the stuff in the suitcase was Anoushka's - things in the knapsack too belonged to her. And the best part of it all was that she was totally oblivious to the fact. Home clothes, lounging clothes, outside clothes, inner wear, caps, creams, accessories, shoes. I mean we carry the same things, but somehow for children it all seems infinitely endless. I love packing, but then I would like to pack less on journeys...
What I do appreciate now is the fact that things are getting progressively lesser. I mean this is the first time I will be travelling without a tsunami rescue package style back up for food options. It feels good to know that my baby is growing up and getting independent, even if it is in these small ways. So there you have it.. my ramblings pre-journey Cochin. Will be back with more tales from God's Own Country soon. Of course there are more pressing matters over which we can write on like Damocles Sword on Satyam, the crappiness of CC2C, but all that can wait for the next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment