Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The expected and the unexpected

Its been a week since I blogged. And though I told myself that I would try and blog every day I am at least happy that I am doing once a week. My husband was actually surprised the other day when I told him that I did make a post every week...
Anyways work has kept me busy and so has a holiday in Goa. We are just back and I must say... blistering weather or not, we had a blast. It has been one week where I have been completely cut off from the world. No TV news, no newspapers, no gossip with the neighbours on whats happening in the world or around us. In fact no new information at all.
When I came back I thought I would feel a lacuna in terms of catching up with the world. But you know what, nothing has changed... Pakistan is ready to implode, our own leaders are still working hard at the circus called election run up, polarisation of communities is getting more acute and all the dailies tribulations of corruption, lawlessness and poverty are going on their on sweet paths.
So did I really miss anything. I dont think so... Like a friend loves to say "Same old shit, new day".
But enough of lamenting the hopelessness of the world. This trip of mine opened new perspectives for me in terms of holidaying. It was a trip to Goa with a two-year old. What I did expect was a lot of tantrums and crying thanks to being tired or hot. But no... my little angel rocked. She made friends easily, she danced on a boat cruise, she kicked off her shoes and ran on the sand, she jumped into the pool with her dad, began howling her head off and then slowly decided that "hey, this ain't so bad after all".
Of course this Goa trip wasn't what everyone would expect it to be... thanks to anoushka ( and I mean this in a positive way), we drank, but did not drink ourselves silly, we went sightseeing but spent a bomb on an AC taxi for her. We learnt new tricks to beat the heat. We visited new restaurants that turned out to be mind-blowing, all in a bid to keep her happy. And you know what, we ended up having a blast. It has also given me inspiration to start a new blog... on restaurants we visit. Sudhakar and me love to eat and experiment and so very soon, I will have a new blog. All about the restaurants we eat in.

No comments: