... And the predictable has happened... the saffron brigade has got its way once again. All those goons including their leader are out on bail. Can political leanings get more transparent than this. So while those custodians of "our" culture are out plotting their next move to save us, I thought of digressing from all that is depressing.
When I was expecting Anoushka, sudhakar and I made a list of all the animation movies we wanted her to see when she got to an age where she could understand things. And so we invested in it all... Cinderella, The Jungle Book, 101 Dalmations, Pooh and Friends...
When I put the first DVD for Anoushka she looked at it for a good 5 and half seconds and then turned her little bottom in its direction and went off. I was really upset when this happened... But I did not let go.. Ever so slowly her interest levels increased.... and I noticed that it was not so much for Cinderella, than it was for her friends, Jaq and Gus who were mice!!!!
In The Jungle Book, she was in love with Baloo the Bear and his antics and Kaa the snake and an absolute disciple of Colonel Haathi the elephant.
When I told mom this she told me that not too many years ago, these were the very same animation movies that I loved to watch day in and out (on VHS of course, I come from that era) and the funny part was that I loved those movies for exactly the same reasons. I loved it when people fell or made funny sounds and now all these years later.. it feels great to see my daughter love exactly the same things.
When I see her laughing for all those kiddie cute scenes, I feel well very nostalgic and very happy...
Monday, February 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I love Gus too. And I love the scene where he's clutching the key and goes 'dnoh, dnoh, dnoh, dnoh'
Post a Comment