Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Twisted morality

Valentine's day is not in Indian or rather the SRS version of the Indian culture. Since the members of the "hallowed" and hollow organisation has not really seen the world beyond their dirt-ridden front doorsteps, we could grant them the ignorance of knowing that the world has evolved a great deal since the stone ages.
What I would really like to know is if the SRS is trying to state that Hindu culture actually represents the whole of the "Indian" culture. The last time I checked, my Christian culture was a whole lot different and I am sure so is that of the several communities that form a democratic India. And we all have been living quite happily thank you very much.
Let me try and talk in your language... and no offence to any of my friends.
I am a Christian from Mangalore married to a Brahmin Konkana from Kerala. I respect both religions equally and completely. When I got married I put mehendi on my hands which is essentially a muslim custom, largely used in North India. I am sure there is not one Hindu wedding that does not have mehendi as part of their ceremony. That's not part of your culture - you want to stop that?.
Some of the top colleges in India belong to Christian outfits.... why do your Hindu brethren fall over themselves to get admissions here. Can't you cater to their needs?
Take some of the hospitals too... Why do you want treatment at hospitals that are not promoted by those that follow the "Indian" culture.
If you are worried about the youth following Valentine's Day and getting morally corrupt why aren't you waging a war on
1) Drug peddlers whose main source of income as youngsters (many drug peddlers follow your own breed of "Indian culture"
2) Why aren't you making a noise about corruption among the police that has led to thousands of atrocities against women go unheard of ? (hell these guys are most of the time the criminals themselves)
3) Why don't you catch hold of pimps who would sell their mothers and children for a buck? (prostitution is not in any humane culture. No woman would voluntarily live such a life)

I guess since it has been proved that a majority of people who constitute such groups are illiterate and cannot hold down a decent job, they get paid by power hungry politicians to run such campaigns. At least the money is coming from somewhere for these people.
It does seems strange doesn't it that till the pub incident in Mangalore - there weren't any real raised voices about women/pubs/indian culture put together. But as soon as it happened, you had the culprits out on bail. Yeddy condemning the "plub" culture, Nirmala Venkatesh actually blaming the victims and a host of politicians waking up to the "pub culture". It looks to well orchestered.
We live in a democracy... the central government in power too has not right to dictate what I want to celebrate and what I can't. Valentine's day falls under the purview of being perfectly legal. So who in the world gave you self-righteous people the right to intrude in my life.
The fact that Muthalik has been quoted in the media saying that his members will create havoc on V-Day and nothing has happened in terms of his judicial custody just goes to show that people like Yeddy don't have a backbone. Their rule is completely dictated by anti-social elements who have their brains and their rear ends constantly forgetting their rightful places.
I hate to think what this country will be like when my daughter grows up